Tree House Treats: Pangea Day Phenomenon

Tree House Treats

Crystal Light fusion Therapy [CLT] 'Theragem' at Tree of Health. Time To Shine ~ because Time is of the essence

My Photo
Name:
Location: Santa Cruz, CA, United States

threshold transitions; passing through portals... life, laughter, liberty of spirit.... and happiness ensues.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Pangea Day Phenomenon


"An incredibly inspiring event!! It brought me both tears of joy and sadness on several occasions. Best four hours spent in front of the television EVER!"

Dear Global TED Community,

The above comment is typical of the amazing torrent we've been receiving from all over the world in response to Pangea Day, the TED-backed global film event that broadcast on Saturday. You can read more of the comments below.

But did you see Pangea Day? What was your experience? And what would have made it better? Please write to us: feedback@pangeaday.org. No one has ever put on an event quite like this before, so it's really important to me to hear the collective wisdom of the TED community.

If you missed it, or want to revisit, there's a one-hour highlights package here and all the films can be viewed on the pangeaday.org website. Or check out the LA Times' write-up.

A giant thank you to the many people in the TED community who made this day possible. It's been truly thrilling to see Jehane's TED Prize wish, that seemed so impossible two years ago, turned by you into dazzling reality.

- Chris

Chris Anderson
TED Curator.

Here follows just a small sample of the thousands of comments we've already received.

Barbara A. from Mexico
This has been one of the most inspiring and beautiful events I have ever experienced.
Let's never forget what we all felt and experienced today.

Organizer DR from Dominican Republic
As the only organizer of a public event in the Dominican Republic I was pleased incredibly. The show exceeded my expectations completely...

karima saad from United Kingdom
I am speechless. But i am sure of one thing, that while i was attending Pangea Day in London, those 4 hours were felt as if i was part of the whole world as one community, rather than countries divided by borders.

Cmsilva from Portugal
We joined 45 in a private event in portugal. It was great. Next year we'll be more, for sure.

Carolyn from United States
Thank you for doing this. I laughed, I cried, I was enlightened, I was moved and touched and inspired. I watched almost the whole thing without getting up. Too bad I had to watch it alone...

Marina from Brazil
If I had to express my experience in words, I would not be able to. These were the best movies I have seen as an expression of art. And all the movies combined, just changed my way of thinking....

Marcosncosta from China
Loved the event. Hope next year it can be bigger and better.

Galleher from United States
The Alaskans gathered in Anchorage to be witness to this global campfire were inspired and appreciative

LIDIA from Argentina
I didn't know that Pangea existed. I feel too moved to speak and happy that so many people feel that really all of us are ONE.

Biriscalin from Romania
We all are "Pangea Day". We all represent one earth, one life. Now is time to act !

RicardoSilva from Portugal
I've been using the internet since the 90's, but this is truly the first time that I feel that here, for brief hours, was a global community talking. I hear people from Canada to Pakistan, Shanghai, New Zealand, Chile, Romania...

CassieBrady from United States
I have always dreamed of a united world. I never knew how to act on my dreams, so I am so happy that it is finally happening. Imagine peace. Imagine a global community not separate countries. This is what the world needs.

Jacqui from Jamaica
I wish that this had been a public event here in Jamaica for people from all walks of society to see. It was truly a spectacular event , I sat riveted in front of the television.

Sana from United Arab Emirates
Hugs and love from United Arab Emirates.... It aint little...Its a big start considering we are thousands of miles apart and felt the same last night...

Light Sister from United States
Thank you all so much for this World Consciousness Raising Event. In my 59 plus years of life, I have never felt so hopeful about the direction this world is taking...

Nabeelkarim from Pakistan
There are matters greater than that of political, economical and social nature...they are the environmental and humanitarian ones!!! it is clear that a change is required...and each and every one of us can make a difference.

Marcusmeisel from Austria
Austria says thank you for all this work of love, passion, and devotion that went into realizing this dream come true.

Danna from United States
Pangea Day was an incredibly inspiring event!! It brought me both tears of joy and sadness on several occasions. Best four hours spent in front of the television EVER!

Divamover from United States
Several hours after the "end" of Pangea Day 2008, I am especially moved to see such an outpouring of support and longing from the US. I cannot help but believe that there are many in the US who want a united world...

Umc59 from Canada
i just stumbled onto the last half hour of the pangea day show here in toronto and am sooooo happy i did. i'm 48 yrs old and i got the most wonderful feeling of finally belonging to a community that speaks to me.

Rhea from India
I am 23 years old and I just finished watching the Pangea Day broadcast. it's 4:00 am here and I couldn't go to bed without writing to you and telling you how beautiful, thought provoking it was.

Nabeelkarim from Pakistan
Just for starter...each one of us could just start by helping just one person/or doing something good.....once a day....

IBelieve from Canada
Hello World; What an amazing day! I laughed, shed tears of joy, smiles of love, and tears of compassion.

Sherryl from Australia
A powerful vision and enormous drive has brought Jehane's dream to reality. Confucius c. 500BC said; In his teaching the wise man ...opens the way but does not take them to the place. Pangea Day has opened the way....

Much more feedback here and here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home